Book/ Author Review  

RSS

Dalanna Anitra
(@dalannaanitra)
Active Member Member
02/11/2017 3:30 pm  

Hey Sam, 

Good morning! I'm going to send over my book via email and id love to see what you think! Its my debut novel and I'm having sort of a hard to bringing traction to it. Is there anything else I need to provide you with?

Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
02/11/2017 3:59 pm  

Email me a copy and I'll happily review. We can also look at starting an author interview.

There is also our writing competition on here. You could submit part of your book to get it some exposure. Post it in the book showcase form, with cover image, blurb, and sales links.

To get a bit more traction, it's all about getting the book and your name out there, and getting initial reviews that give readers confidence to give it a try.

Kindle Unlimited takes a lot of the risk out for readers of trying your book, so consider that if it's not already enrolled.

Consider running a free promotion as well to get more reviews initially. It's often good to have secured a bunch of reviewers for launch day so it hits the shelves with reviews on day one.

Having the book up for pre-order for a good period before release date can also help create a buzz.

Contact bloggers, and members or groups on Goodreads to ask for reviews in exchange for a free copy of the book. You can do this on other social media platforms too but Goodreads often has the most engagement with reviewers.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
Dalanna Anitra
(@dalannaanitra)
Active Member Member
02/11/2017 4:10 pm  

Yess! Ok thank you so much for all your advice!! I'm sending the book over now!!

ReplyQuote
Dalanna Anitra
(@dalannaanitra)
Active Member Member
02/11/2017 5:42 pm  

Hey,

So I sent it as a Kindle gift, is that acceptable?

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
02/11/2017 6:31 pm  

Sure, that's great. Plus it means when I post the review on Amazon it should say verified purchase next to it. 

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
Share: