How I stay sane as an Author and Publisher  

RSS

Maria Hernandez
Active Member Member
07/11/2017 4:26 pm  

Good Morning World:
Owning a business (especially in the publishing field) requires most of my time and effort. But, I try not to let it overwhelm me so I make sure to take some time for me by doing something that will make me happy on a daily basis. Whether it's a little window shopping or sit on a bench on Central Park, NY and read. So my advise is to always find some time for yourself.

Edited: 2 weeks  ago

Maria Hernandez

ReplyQuote
Tamir Shaw
Eminent Member Member
11/11/2017 5:03 pm  

Great advice. I enjoy nature too. I like to sit downtown by the Maumee River and watch the boats or even just the flow of the water itself. Writing is my outlet and sanity from the real world so I always use it as an escape whether it's something I will publish or not.  

I am also admittedly a Candy Crusher. It is my mindless activity for when I have to totally decompress and it's nothing that requires meditation or prayer. 

Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote
Dalanna Anitra
Active Member Member
16/11/2017 6:32 pm  

Great advice! As a writer it is sometimes very hard to pull myself away from my work. Stopping to read or just sit in silence and have a glass of wine is often needed.

ReplyQuote
KF Johnson Author
Active Member Member
20/11/2017 9:29 pm  

This is great advice. As a full time accountant, mother and wife, it is difficult also doubling as a self published author. I have to find time to write and market, while also spending quality time with my family and creating down time to BS around for myself. It's difficult to juggle, and I can't say that I actually have been able to successfully do it yet... but I'm trying! 

Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register