Write a blog

Write a blog  

RSS

Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
21/03/2017 3:08 pm  

Writing a blog is about building a readership beyond your books which will indirectly feedback into your sales. In many ways it has similar principles to social media. You want to provide engaging content, whether it is interesting, funny, or informative, is totally up to you. And writing in this format can help your more lengthy projects, simply by providing you with another outlet.

You've got a couple of options for blogging.

Blog for UrbanFiction.org - no kidding, we're looking for bloggers and writers who want their content to be seen by a growing audience. Email me, details in my signature below.

Alternatively, if you want to go it alone, you can start your own site from scratch, get a domain, and have it hosted. This comes with a lot of freedom to do what you want that you won't find on the free platforms. But it requires a certain amount of knowledge of web design and monetary investment. If you are interested in this then let me know as I have some deals I can offer you on hosting.

If you want to go the free route then take a look at WordPress.com and Blogger.com Be aware, though, that these will put adds on your site that you won't get control over and they won't want you putting your own adds for products on your site (which you can make money from). But they are free, fast, and semi-customisable.

Once you have a blog up and running there are a number of other things you can add to it that can drive your sales further, the most obvious being a central place to list your books and where they can be purchased. If you are only publishing on Amazon this probably isn't that useful though as you will have an author page on Amazon that will show all your books. It will also get a greater recognition from people when you send them that link.

Ensure you have a subscription option on your blog front and centre. If people subscribe to your content then you can reach them with newly published content without them even having to come back.

Take a look at some of your favorite authors and their blogs. See what they do.

If you have any ideas of your own on how to boost your book sales with a blog then please add a comment below.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

Y Stokes
(@ysdata)
Eminent Member Member
21/03/2017 4:09 pm  

I started a story that will only be featured on my blog (in a series format).  I'm hoping visitors will love the story and check out some of the e-books I have for sale.   I also developed a memory game that features all of my books.  I'm hoping to add the game to the blog as well.   I'm still working on it, but a beta game is up.  Would love to hear your feedback -- http://ysdata.com/game

They walk among the normal undetected. Some are good, others are evil. They're biblical heirs with supernatural powers reshaping life as we know it -- Untold Series by Y Stokes.

ReplyQuote
Share: