Author Business Cards  

RSS

Blaque Diamond
Active Member Member
06/11/2017 3:48 pm  

Hello everyone. How many of you have author business cards, and how effective have they been to boosting your marketing efforts. I created a business card a few weeks ago, and I have been passing them out to people who seem like they would be interested in what I write. Usually I would ask them if they read, and if they say yes, then I would ask them what types of books do they read. If they read genres along the lines of what I write, then I will offer them a card. I do this at grocery stores, on the bus, co-workers, friends, neighbors, or whoever else I come in contact with. I also pass them out at book signings.

My business card has my title, my logo, and a quote on the front. On the back I have my social media links, website link, email address, and my author profile links. I want to make it easy for potential readers to get in contact with me, and keep up to date on my latest release. Do any of you have business cards, and if so, what do you include on your card?

Blaque Diamond

ReplyQuote
Kim Carter
Active Member Contributor
07/11/2017 2:22 am  

Crazy - but I just got my first one also.  And - not sure what to do with it!  But, I got it because I was tired of writing down my website when I struck up a conversation with someone. It has occurred to me to put one in all my correspondence also, as the writers I work with - they are incarcerated a lot of the time.  I took the opportunity to be creative with mine and I love it!  I think my card actually makes me look better than I think I am.  The background photo is the heart of it- a single leaf floating on a body of water, with branches reflected on the water.  And - around that photo I have my name, po box, number, email - but the photo  is the main attraction.   Blogger, writer, advocate, and believer that all things are possible - that was my position.  On the flipside - my website.   Yes - I love having my card - makes me feel legitimate - and I only ordered 250 in case it doesn't work out...

Encouraging others to realize their writing abilities, through collaboration and friendship. Walk In Those Shoes

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
Estimable Member Admin
07/11/2017 7:12 am  

One cool idea for author cards is to do then with your book cover on one side and contact details on the other.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
Kim Carter
Active Member Contributor
07/11/2017 10:42 am  

Okay - here is another question. Someone mentioned postcards to me - and, I immediately start thinking of how to make them look appealing, but I don't know where one would distribute them... Anybody ever do postcards?  And - if so, what did you do with them?

Encouraging others to realize their writing abilities, through collaboration and friendship. Walk In Those Shoes

Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
Estimable Member Admin
07/11/2017 11:10 am  

Again, I'd put the book cover(s) on it. And on the other side you could put the blurb of the book and an about the author.

I guess the effectiveness of them depends what you do with them. Give them out, post them out, leave them in stores or libraries or waiting rooms etc.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
Blaque Diamond
Active Member Member
07/11/2017 7:28 pm  

Hmm . . . Postcards. Never heard of doing that as an author. I've heard of bookmarks, and I do plan to create some with each of my books to give away in goody bags and book signings.

Blaque Diamond

Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote
Tamir Shaw
Eminent Member Member
11/11/2017 5:11 pm  

I have been thinking about doing some book marks, but you all have added some other great choices. I was also thinking about magnetic car stickers just to generate a buzz. I would use book covers here and the purchase site. I didn't realize how inexpensive they are. I am also one of those people who pays attention to bumper stickers and other vehicle ads and I know I can't be the only one.

ReplyQuote
Blaque Diamond
Active Member Member
17/11/2017 8:01 pm  

I like the idea of magnets. I could make some with the covers of my books on them. Also, bumper stickers may be really cool as well. I never thought of creating those, but you have given me some ideas.

Blaque Diamond

Tamir Shaw liked
ReplyQuote
Tamir Shaw
Eminent Member Member

ReplyQuote
KF Johnson Author
Active Member Member
20/11/2017 9:38 pm  

Yes I have business cards. Here's an example of mine. 

They do pretty well I think. I hand them out randomly at the post office, if I strike up a conversation with someone or am at an event with friends, I just let them know I'm an author and if they're looking for a good read, to check me out. Simple as that. No big book pitch unless they ask more questions. They have all of the information they need to get in touch with me via my website. 

Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register