Writing Every Day  

RSS

Y Stokes
(@ysdata)
Eminent Member Member
09/02/2017 7:03 am  

I read one of the articles posted here on the site that recommended writing every day.  I slept on it and thought it was a good idea.  Thanks.  I’ve been hesitating on starting a web series, but after reading the post I decided now is as good of time as any other.  I hope you guys will check it out.

I’m planning to release a new installment at least once a month. Once I complete my Untold series, I can focus more on this web series and release installments more frequently.  The web series is called Womanly Assassin.  In short, Womanly Assassin is an Urban Web Series, where a girl named Nicki is the main character.  She turns to a life of crime, which was destined to find her.  By the end of the story, I hope to create an assassin that no one will ever forget.

Here’s a link to the 1st installment -- http://www.ysdata.com/ysbooks/womanly-assassin-installment-1/  

They walk among the normal undetected. Some are good, others are evil. They're biblical heirs with supernatural powers reshaping life as we know it -- Untold Series by Y Stokes.

Y Stokes
(@ysdata)
Eminent Member Member
09/02/2017 3:26 pm  

I just wanted to include the picture I drew for the new WebSeries.

Womnaly Assassin IG

They walk among the normal undetected. Some are good, others are evil. They're biblical heirs with supernatural powers reshaping life as we know it -- Untold Series by Y Stokes.

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
09/02/2017 4:30 pm  

Been thinking of writing a series of assassin books with a female lead for a while. The challenge is to find that unique thing that makes it stand out from the rest. I had thought about approaching it from the perspective of having a character who wants to live the most normal life despite what she does for a living.

Maybe she has a husband and kids, possibly even some sort of regular job, but then she steps out to to take people out from time to time. The tension in the story would come from the difficulties she has balancing normal life and her role as assassin, and not getting caught.

Over time there would be the opportunity to delve into her backstory that let you know how she got into this position.

Just ideas at the moment. Feel free to feed on them.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
Y Stokes
(@ysdata)
Eminent Member Member
09/02/2017 4:48 pm  

Womanly Assassin starts with the main character as a child.  So, I delved straight into the back story right away.  There’s no question why she’s in her current position.  Because it is a web series, I planned to walk the reader through one event after another.  The tension in this story will come from the difficulties of being more ruthless, cunning, and fearless than the men.

What do you think?

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
09/02/2017 6:26 pm  

Definitely has potential. I'll check it out when you put it up.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

Y Stokes liked
ReplyQuote
Y Stokes
(@ysdata)
Eminent Member Member
09/02/2017 10:28 pm  

It's posted here   http://www.ysdata.com/ysbooks/womanly-assassin-installment-1/  

ReplyQuote
Y Stokes
(@ysdata)
Eminent Member Member
10/02/2017 6:48 pm  

My characters finally have faces LOL.

Womnaly Assassin IG2

2nd installment released.  Check it out at http://www.ysdata.com/ysbooks/womanly-assassin-installment-2/

ReplyQuote
Share: