Introduction to my ...

Introduction to my current project..."Opened Doors"...Please let me know what you think.  

RSS

BlackPearl
(@blackpearl)
Active Member Contributor
13/02/2017 5:51 pm  

INTRODUCTION

Many of us go through relationship after relationship and lose a portion of who we are each time we become intimate with the wrong person. It becomes a redundancy as we consume ourselves with kissing and placing a crown on the heads of every frog whom is able to convince us that he can be defined as more that what he is. We have a propensity to carry baggage from each of those relationships and become so mono-focused and consumed on trying to prevent the negative experiences from reoccurring, that we never fully heal and restore ourselves to a capacity that is completely functional and relationship-ready.

We become captivated with the idea of love instead of its purposeful intent and blinded by our own pleasure-seeking flesh. We often confuse our pleasure with the act and at some point, the light eventually comes on and we realize that the men we are choosing fit our own ideologies about what we think that we need. Never realizing how much damage we have caused ourselves. These men give us what we want to some degree, but never quite fulfill our true needs. We waste so much of our time with an image, that we have conceptually, skillfully and eloquently created that we are devastated when the man that we have chosen, fails to fit what we have structured. We retreat, lick our wounds, nurse our broken hearts and then move forward into new relationships with a rebound mindset and a tainted spirit. We do so blindly. Often overlooking and brushing past, not the perfect man, but the man that God created perfectly for us; in haste, because we are too busy running toward our next mistake.

Christine Phillips just celebrated her 35th birthday and while her dancing card appeared pretty full; love, children and marriage seemed to be nothing more than a fantasy. After the loss of her fiancé Evan Miller several years ago, Christine has blindly taken herself on a myriad of meaningless encounters and tangent love affairs with men who didn’t seem to fit the mold that Evan, so posthumously, left behind. Her best friends from grade school, Trina Ross and Garrett Cole, are a great support system, but it seems no matter what advice they offer, she is not willing to listen. It didn’t take long before she found herself on a downward spiral haunted from relationships of the past as she lost herself in search of the love she so desperately craved.

BlackPearl

Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
13/02/2017 10:33 pm  

First two paras there feel like an opinion piece but I see from the third there is the beginning of a story narrative. I always find the most convincing messages are subtle and woven into the story, rather than stood so stark as to turn some people away.

Of course I'm a guy, and your work seems aimed so squarely at women, but I would be tempted to read on based on just the last para. 

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
02/03/2017 12:07 am  

Hey! How's work on your manuscript going?

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
BlackPearl
(@blackpearl)
Active Member Contributor
02/03/2017 2:21 am  

I have taken your advice and am currently proofreading and correcting the manuscript. I certainly wished I would have met you prior to publishing.  Once it is complete, I would still like for you to take a look at it.  It is very important that whatever I put out is done correctly.  Please let me know if you can help me along with the process...maybe a chapter by chapter deal???  I want to learn and ask questions along the way,

BlackPearl

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
02/03/2017 6:06 pm  

Oh sure, send me over a chapter in word format.

I meant to ask about your most recent project above but I'm guessing you might be holding fire while you review Many Roads.

ReplyQuote
Share: