The Me That I Am  

RSS

Tamir Shaw
(@tamir-shaw)
Eminent Member Member
25/08/2017 3:10 pm  

Hello Everyone, 

Thank so much for allowing me to join your forum. My name is Tamir A. Shaw. I am a writer and a reader. I have only recently begun to venture into the social media waters outside of FB. I am 41 and undoubtedly late to the party. I have simply been preoccupied with living life. I am married. We have three teens, ages 19, 17 and 13. 

I have a day job and only recently started writing again after a roughly eight-year hiatus. I have self-published three books in less than a year. God Heals The Pain (10/2016) and Echoes Through The Universe (2/2017) are poetry/prose. Yes, I intentional capitalized the titles. Twisted Virtues: Complicated Matters (8/2017) is book one of a two-part novel.

There is nothing traditional about anything I have ever done in life. I am here to learn and share. I hope this experience will be mutually beneficial. Please feel free to reach out if I can assist you. 

Thanks again, 

Tamir

Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
25/08/2017 4:20 pm  

So great to have you on board and congrats on the three books.

What have you found most challenging about writing and self publishing so far?

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
Tamir Shaw
(@tamir-shaw)
Eminent Member Member
25/08/2017 6:01 pm  

The editing and revision process is a beast. If I ever make any money, I will definitely shop that job out. 

Reading and rereading and still finding mistakes is one of the highest forms of frustration. I am getting better though and I suppose that's the goal.

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
28/08/2017 9:46 am  

Agreed, editing and revision of your own work can be really hard. I always feel too close to my own work, which makes it hard to make the difficult editing cuts, or to spot my own common errors. I've got some proofreading tips but you're right, getting someone else to take a look (who you trust is both good at proofing/editing, and honest) is often the best strategy. Beta readers are good too if you want feedback as you go, scene by scene, or even as an initial first draft review.

Feel free to hit me up for any help you need any time.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

Tamir Shaw liked
ReplyQuote
Share: