New Author  

RSS

DonyiaB
(@donyiab)
New Member Member
30/01/2017 7:40 am  

Hello everyone! 

My name is Donyia, I am a newly published author in the literary world. One published book, and many many more to come. I am 22, from Indiana. 

I've only been in the writing business for a short while but I've seen a LOT.  I've had two publishers in the Indie author business and hopefully the third time is the charm. 

I don't have my book on amazon bc of editorial issues but the revised version is available for free via wattpad.

www.wattpad.com/Donyia22 

I'm always open to any advice and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Thanks for having me! 

Y Stokes and Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
30/01/2017 12:43 pm  

Thanks for the honest intro. Can't speak much to the challenges of publishers as I've always gone totally independant. Hope it works out (keep us updated) and your book goes on sale soon - that's the plan right? Give me a shout for a review when it is. I had a look on Wattpad and it sounds interesting. And once it's on Amazon, post it in our book promo forum with its cover and blurb.

Don't forget to add your signature to your profile - that gets added to the end of every post on here and can be a good way to help other members contact you off site or link to your books. For help on how to add links into your signature, check out this post.

Shout up if you need anything else.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
BlackPearl
(@blackpearl)
Eminent Member Contributor
31/01/2017 6:15 pm  

Hello Everyone!

I am a new author. I self-published my first novel in November of 2015. Although the goal of bringing it to fruition has been completed, I realize that I still have a lot to learn about this industry. I am hoping that I will be able to glean behind those of you who have traveled the road before me.

Thanks for the invite!

BlackPearl

DonyiaB and Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
31/01/2017 7:40 pm  

Hey BlackPearl! Thanks for joining. We're all learning still but hopefully can all also teach each other a thing or two. Congratulations on publishing your book. That feels really good right, to see your work out there and to have people reading it. Really starts the thirst to keep going.

Anything in particular that you need, just shout - my details are in my signature below, or leave a message here. I am trying to get private messaging up and running on the site soon so that will be helpful for 1:1 discussions.

If you want to get your details on your signature with links and stuff then follow the guidance here. I'll go check out your book too but might be worth listing it in the book promo forum - might send a few people it's way on Amazon.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
BlackPearl
(@blackpearl)
Eminent Member Contributor
31/01/2017 8:08 pm  

Thanks so much, I certainly will!

BlackPearl

ReplyQuote
Y Stokes
(@ysdata)
Eminent Member Member
07/02/2017 2:55 am  

I’m in the same boat with BlackPearl.  I have tried Facebook ads and AMS ads.  No luck yet.  I have made a few sales by giving the 1st chapter of my book away for free.  At the end of the chapter, I have a link to purchase the book.

They walk among the normal undetected. Some are good, others are evil. They're biblical heirs with supernatural powers reshaping life as we know it -- Untold Series by Y Stokes.

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
07/02/2017 7:57 am  
Posted by: Y Stokes

I’m in the same boat with BlackPearl.  I have tried Facebook ads and AMS ads.  No luck yet.  I have made a few sales by giving the 1st chapter of my book away for free.  At the end of the chapter, I have a link to purchase the book.

Might be worth starting a new topic under author help regarding how to promote your book to increase sales. I'm sure between us we'll have a bunch to contribute to that.

Y Stokes liked
ReplyQuote
ReenaJacobs
(@reenajacobs)
Active Member Member
04/03/2017 12:21 am  

Donyia: Welcome! I think it's great you're publishing at 22. I can only image all the works you'll be able to publish in your life time because you started when you did. Very cool. What do you mean by you've had two publishers?

BlackPearl: Congratulations on your first publication. 🙂 How close are you to publishing your next work? I found the more I emerged myself in writing and the community, the more I learned. There's always a little trial and error in the process.

YStokes: Great job providing a buy link for your book. Readers are lazy. If you don't make it easy to buy, most of them won't bother. Personally, I've found advertising is not very cost effective for selling books, simply because books tend to have a low dollar value ($10 or less). When I did do ads, Goodreads was the most cost effective method of advertising for me, probably because the entire audience is readers. Before spending your advertising dollars, make sure you know what you're advertising goal is and what your return on investment will be. For example, if you only have one book published on Amazon for $3.99, it might not be worth $30 to get one sale, especially if readers aren't referring your book to other readers. On the other hand, if you have a large series of books, where a reader reads the first and as the ability to purchase the next in the series, it might be worth it. Then the value of your customer is significantly more and the chance of them referring your work is greater. The idea is to get your books in front of readers who will spread the word.

Self-publish like a business owner. Ask me about free business coach consultations.

Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote
Share: