Introducing Blaque Diamond  

RSS

Blaque Diamond
(@blaque-diamond)
Active Member Member
01/11/2017 3:50 pm  

Hello everyone. Thanks so much for inviting me to this forum. I am twenty-eight-years-old, and I reside in Greensboro, North Carolina. I began writing at the age of eleven due to the encouragement of my fifth-grade teacher. She believed I had a natural talent, and she wanted me to develop and enhance my abilities. Writing for the last fifteen-years has mostly been just a hobby for me. Growing up, life was not easy, so writing was my way to escape from my harsh reality. I am, and have always been an avid reader, so the fact that I love writing as well should come as no surprise.

I got my foot in the writing industry in January of this year by contributing to a poetry anthology that was looking to feature aspiring authors. I jumped at the opportunity to get my work out there. Well, needless to say, my poems were selected to appear in the anthology, thus my publishing journey began. I couldn't believe that my life-long dream had really come true. I could now say that I was an author. In June of 2016 I started posting snippets of things that I had written over the years on social media to see what others thought of my writing. I was amazed at the responses I received. They were begging me for more. From then on, I started taking writing more seriously.

In April 2017, I published my first novel, and I have published 3 other books since then. I have another book coming out next week, and I can't wait to see what my readers think. I write poetry, short stories, novellas, and novels. I am still new to the writing industry, but I love the progress I have made so far. I have met a lot of great people, and I have been given lots of opportunities to share my love of writing. There are ups and downs to this industry, but I plan to forge ahead, and not let anything stop me from succeeding. I have generated a small fan base, and I'm looking to expand that for years to come.

I am not currently signed to a publishing company, but I do plan to start my own publishing company in the very near future. I don't know if I'll ever reach New York's best sellers list, but I will give it my best shot. I have plans to take my writing career as far as I can take it. I believe in my dreams, and I will work hard to make them a reality. I see my books being performed on stages, and being featured on the big screen, and I know it will happen one day. My readers have even suggested that I write scripts for my books, and I love that. I love what I do, but the fact that my readers do as well, makes it all worth it.

Aside from writing, I also work full-time as a computer operator for a military shipping/receiving depot. I love my job and have been doing it for nearly seven-years. Also, I make and sell my own body care products that I make from scratch. They are body butters, and they are made from all natural ingredients. This is another side-hustle and business venture that I love as well. My customers love it as well. Lol. Well, I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little about me. I look forward to conversing with you all.

Edited: 12 months  ago

Blaque Diamond

bellajae and Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
01/11/2017 4:44 pm  

Welcome to the forums. Love that you're teaching for the stars!

Tell me more about that side hustle. How'd you get into that and what does it entail? I'm imagining you in the kitchen mixing up huge pots of body butter.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
Blaque Diamond
(@blaque-diamond)
Active Member Member
03/11/2017 7:34 pm  

Hi Sam,

I have always been into natural skin care. I have very sensitive skin, so a lot of the stuff that is sold in stores, I can't use on my skin or it will make me break out. So, I decided to do some research on natural products for healthy skin. I came across a blog for making homemade skin care products. When I found what I was looking for, I bought the ingredients I would need to make my first batch of body butter. The first time I attempted it, it didn't go so well. I tried again and again until I mastered the recipe.

I made small batches and took them to work to sample them with my co-workers. They loved them. So, then I started producing them in larger batches. Now, whenever I travel for book signings, shop in the store, or even go to work, I always pass out samples of my body butter. Usually, they come back for more. Lol. I love it!! I love that I know exactly what is in my product, and anyone can use it without any allergic reactions, unless they're allergic to nuts or something. I have a base recipe that I use for the butter, and I just change the fragrance when needed.

Blaque Diamond

Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote
Share: