Where's Waldo?  

RSS

Tamir Shaw
(@tamir-shaw)
Eminent Member Member
10/10/2017 12:25 am  

This group is pretty quiet. Where is everyone really hanging out and discussing books?  

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
10/10/2017 6:07 pm  

Hi Tamir, sorry about how quiet things are. I'd hoped there would be an organic growth in members but we seem to be falling short of barely a trickle. I had offered an Amazon voucher prize for when we hit 100 monthly users (still on offer) but we're quite a bit short of that.

I've had the site up for about 18 months and invested quite a bit in development for the forums, private messaging and a few other things, and would love to see that come to fruition with a thriving community.

There are a few challenges from other dominant social networks, Facebook etc. and the likes of GoodReads (although the urban fiction forums on there are also very quiet). However, I had imagined that people would appreciate a place more focused than Facebook etc. which can be distracting.

What ideas do you have to get more authors and readers on here? There has to be a way to engage people and bring a heartbeat to these forums.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

Tamir Shaw liked
ReplyQuote
Tamir Shaw
(@tamir-shaw)
Eminent Member Member
11/10/2017 12:43 am  

No need for an apology. I was just being cantankerous. I totally understand your challenges and have faced them also, but not on so large a platform. 

In general I'd say that we are all overwhelmed with life right now and everything that we think or feel may not be appropriate for social media. I have found that there are times when certain things will thrive more than others. Instant news and Netflix seems to be more appealing than other mediums right now. But alas, Winter is coming!! Who doesn't like to curl up with a good book and then talk about it?

I found this site through Twitter and I'm glad I did. 

As for ideas, maybe have a writing contest or something. I've seen a great deal of those for poetry. Or an online book fair. 

I see your hard work, it will pay off.

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
12/10/2017 12:37 pm  

I like the idea of an online story contest. Might get something out there inviting people to submit. Watch this space.

And thanks for your support and vote of confidence in this space for collaboration and discussion.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

Tamir Shaw liked
ReplyQuote
Risha
(@risha)
New Member Member
12/10/2017 1:27 pm  

I'm sorry been promoting book one and just had to buy a new laptop to finish part 2 o

I think the online book wod be great.  ..i will also participate in the contest

ReplyQuote
BlackPearl
(@blackpearl)
Eminent Member Contributor
13/10/2017 5:50 pm  

Hey Y'all!

My year has gotten off to a really busy start...I am still working in Education and just learned that I will be having two more grandchildren...WOW! I'm getting old! 🙂 I may not say much, but Im always in and out using references ...reading...etc.

BlackPearl

Sam Hunter liked
ReplyQuote
Share: