Making your Author's Blog stand out with Text to Speech  

RSS

Y Stokes
(@ysdata)
Eminent Member Member
10/02/2017 8:27 pm  

I don't know if this is new or not, but I like it.  I found a plugin for wordpress that allows your story to be read to the reader.  It's called ResponsiveVoice.  I have installed it on my site if you want a demo.   http://www.ysdata.com/ysbooks/womanly-assassin-installment-1/ It really makes the story come alive.

They walk among the normal undetected. Some are good, others are evil. They're biblical heirs with supernatural powers reshaping life as we know it -- Untold Series by Y Stokes.

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
13/02/2017 10:18 pm  

Thanks for sharing. What do you think to the quality of the voice? And do think this will be a big draw for readers? Even the text to speech reader for ebooks on Google's Books app I find unable to read at a level I could listen to and enjoy. I love podcasts and audio books but struggle with TTS. 

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
Y Stokes
(@ysdata)
Eminent Member Member
14/02/2017 12:20 am  

This one is pretty good, and you can select by country too.  I used the US English female, and I think, out of all the text to Speech, this program ranks high.  Plus, its just an add feature.  The user doesn't have to hit the play button.  What do you think?

They walk among the normal undetected. Some are good, others are evil. They're biblical heirs with supernatural powers reshaping life as we know it -- Untold Series by Y Stokes.

ReplyQuote
Sam Hunter
(@sam)
Reputable Member Admin
14/02/2017 10:13 pm  

I know it takes time but you may get better results recording you own voice and attaching the file on the page. TTS has little nuance and loses the feel of what you and any other writer has written.

Sure, TTS is great for accessibility when someone is visually impaired but they are likely to have an equally good TTS screen reader on their computer.

Sam Hunter: Father, husband, author. Always in that order. Writing books you can't put down. All my books are on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books. You can find me on Twitter or email me

ReplyQuote
Share: